View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 08:09 PM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

This evening, I happened to be near North Star Dodge in San Antonio and decided to stop in to see if they had any literature on the '09s. It took some convincing, but the salesman FINALLY figured out I was inquiring about the '09s, NOT the '08s. At any rate, before he figured out what I actually wanted, he was babbling on about the '08s. He said the dealership's allotment was "eight or nine," and "four or five" of those were already sold -- hence, so much for the "sold out" crap Dodge put out initially (or maybe "four or five" buyers got disgusted and canceled their '08 orders). Also, he said the cars were being held at the factory because Dodge wasn't pleased with the "fitting and finishing." He also said they have absolutely no idea when the cars will be released or when they'll have any "real" information on the '09s. They were NOT taking '09 orders. He looked at my Mustang and laughed that I probably wouldn't be interested in a Charger. I laughed and said no, only a Challenger. Nice guy, if a little slow on the uptake.