Old 05-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Journalist droping in to say hello

I'm an Auto Journalist up here in Canada and I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm following the Dodge Challenger launch pretty closely, mainly because I love the whole idea behind that vehicle, and partly because it's being built about ten minutes from where I live.

I think that the company deserves a massive amount of credit for basically turning the automotive world around in N. America. With vehicles like the Challenger and all its SRT models they're finally getting us back to being enthusiastic about vehicles again. For years we drove around in cars that resembled jelly beans. It was all about wind resistance, airflow, and stuff like that. Honestly, who cares about that if you have to wear a boring grey suit and dark glasses to drive one. No, give me a good looking set of wheels any day. I want a car that I can be proud to be seen in. I want to go back to the days when young kids pointed at cars on the street and got excited and jumped up and down when they saw a new model. Thankfully one company must have heard me crying in my beer and decided to give us just that. I can't wait for the release of the Challenger, partly because I have the greatest job on earth and so I'm likely to get a press Challenger to test for a week, but mainly because I want to see all the kids eyes light up as they see me passing them on the street. That's how I grew up loving cars, and that's what I want for our future generations.