View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I rode in an SRT-8 this morning

Nothing done on the SRT-8 Magnum but a open element K&N filter and a plastic smooth intake. But the SRT-8 Charger we drove was at a Ford dealership here in Kannapolis and looked really nice in red. It only had 8000 miles on it and had mods done to it. Strut bar, fan mod and suitcases had been taken off and replaced with straight pipe. Also had K&N open element intake. But the car had new rear tires on it with only 8000 miles on the clock. Seemed kinda fishy. But the car was weak, weak as in not feeling any better than my sons 5.7 Daytona. I thought that was the way they performed. But when I took a ride in the Magnum... I knew the difference in a 5.7 and 6.1. That morning we entered the on ramp at I-85 and he had to hit the hammer... well lets just say we were at almost double the speed limit when he merged. And quickly slowed to 80. The acceleration is awsome and it brakes and handles really quite well. The brakes are really, really good. I really don't know what was up with the Charger and can only speculate. Maybe cheap dealership and regular gas... I don't know for sure.