View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Horhay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concept vs. Production?

Its not like the Mustang is cheap. Now, Im not a life long muscle car guy by any means. I currently own 3 Subaru's and a VW for god's sake. So maybe my idea of a good deal is a bit skewed. But when I bought my Subaru STi, I got it brand new for 31k out the door. I recently went to a local Ford dealership, and asked to check out the Mustang GT. After being told that I could, under no circumstances, drive the car (which seemed like a strange first comment) I was next told that the USED car up front was marked at 30K. I almost laughed. Then to see all the new GT's sitting there with 35k price tags on them, I was more than a little put off by the pricing of the Mustang. Now, I would easily pay 35k for a Challenger R/T. As long as said Challenger R/T comes with at least 17" wheels (would like 18"s at least as an option) and at a bare minimum the 5.7L HEMI. Id rather the R/T got the 6.1L and the SRT got a 6.4L but that might be asking too much. I just hope that Dodge doesn't decide to offer up a car that convinces me that I've made a mistake by thinking about coming back to American vehicles.

If its as fast as my STi was when I bought it that would be nice too. Not like the Mustang, which disappointed me when I finally convinced them to let me drive it...