View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:31 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concept vs. Production?

ORIGINAL: awsure

How faithful do you think Dodge will prove their production car to the concept version?

I was looking at some posts over on the Allpar site & I cannot believe how WHINY some of these guys sound. They have an open letter thanking the lead designer & then go on to rattle off 50 changes they think would make it better. I want chrome, I want different guages, blah, blah, blah. I am not an expert but if they rolled this concept off the line AS IS then I am raiding the piggy bank to go get one. Don't change a thing.

My suggestion if folks want all this other stuff is to go nuts with aftermarket goodies.
No kidding! I like the info they have, even though it does have some flaws, such as they claimed orginally that the HEMI would be a 353 cu. in. instead of a 345 cu. in. They claimed that the output would be around 353 hp & 393 ft-lbs. They were way off.

The thing they do that ticks me off is they are hardly objective. They post their beliefs on non-car issues such as politics on the front page way too often. One member wrote an article encouraging people to give people who had full-sized cars as well as SUV owners, a hard time because they have "gas guzzlers." So in other words, this arrogant prat doesn't like our right to have cars like the Challenger because did doesn't get good gas mileage. I think that guy should get a life and quit judging people because of what they drive.

I think it is going to look very similar to the pictures. A salesman I talked to claimed he heard that they placed a classic Challenger next to the new one to make sure it look as close as possible to the original. I believe what he said because this guy was an honest salesman. He made reference to the 2.7L V6 Oil Sludge problem. How many salesmen are going to bad mouth an engine in around 4 of their cars? He knew the cars about as good as I did.

The only difference I want is I want them to make a strip down model for those of us who are not rich.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts