Thread: FNG here!
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
71R/T Charger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG here!

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm a lifelong mopar guy with a 67 barracuda street/strip car and a 71 Charger R/T I've been fixing up on and off for the better part of a decade. I've had my heart set on some modern mopar muscle ever since the 99 Charger concept debuted. Needless to say I fell in love with Challenger concept as soon as I saw the photos. I'm looking at getting an 09 R/T with the track pack, six speed all the way!

I do have a bit of a dilemma though. I am so close to getting over the hump on my Charger, and the money I've saved can either go as a healthy down payment for a new challenger or to finally get the Charger painted! I'm overseas with the military currently but am heading home soon. I've decided that I'll order the car over here if aafes gets ordering info on 09 R/Ts while I'm here (too bad I'm not looking into an SRT8, could have done that already!) If not then I'll press on with the Charger and probably wait until late 09 and get an 2010 model. My dilemma is wether or not I'll be able to restrain myself from going ahead and getting one from the local dealership as soon as I get back.

I'm not quite sure how I'd option it out beyond the 6 speed, but I'm kind of a less is more guy. I would actually prefer the basic package, although there are a couple of things with the popular equipment equipment package that I'd like so if it's a reasonable cost I'll probably check that box too. As for color, I'm leaning heavily towards the deepwater blue. Of course just about every color seems to look great and I'd really like to see some pictures of it in the dark titanium, seems like that could look really good too. Of course if I do wait, I may just jump at the B5 blue if and when it shows up (same color as my Charger).