View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Giuspe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have You ever Driven an SRT?

2 years ago, to be honest, I was attracted by the Mustang GT. I asked a dealer to test it and the external look + driving impression were really good. Only the interior appearance was not so fine: too poor plastic but the price was really interesting. But when I saw on internet the Chally … all changed. I asked the dealer to test an SRT8 car and he let me drive a Magnum: which impressions? Only excellent. Internal materials were good, not like Mercedes-BMW-Audi, but anyway more than satisfying to the touch and to the sight (I think more or less the same we will find on the Chally); the acceleration pushes the driver against the seat; the noise, pardon, the motor sound is fantastic. The automatic stick, which is the same I have upon my Mercedes, is very fast, even in manual mode (it had really been a great surprise for me): on my Mercedes is much more slower, due probably to a different software and, especially, to a smaller torque. But the very interesting point was the sensation I felt during the gear changes when highly accelerating: I succeeded in feeling the ignition turning off (even very quickly) and I heard like a return of fire in the exhausts: this was the one of the marvelous impression of a well engineered great power.

Joe