View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 09:54 PM
00DakotaR/T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best deal-who cares?-drive 'em!

OH thank god. I have been watching this forum for a long long time, and haven't felt the urge to post untill about a month ago. After all the problems with this website I have finnaly gotten registered. Now on to the show.
At first all I wanted was to get the first and best Challenger, but after thinking for a bit, the 6 speed was a serious factor for waiting untill now to put an order in. And then after a bit of thought I decided to get the R/T, the reasons being:

1-$7000 price diffrence, I can afford it, but why pay that much more
2-Updated 5.7 in 2009, Between 370 and 380 horses, thats more than enough, and with a few add ons I can top the 400 mark
3-It can run on piss gas, with the prices these days, I may be stuck putting that in it, with the SRT you need to put in top fuel, at almost $5 a gallon already
4-Lifetime Warranty, R/T has it, and I confirmed it, SRT doesnt
5-Insurance prices, not a huge factor, but a penny saved is a penny earned
6-In 1970 there wasnt an SRT, there was an R/T though, so I would say for nostaligia reasons

with all these benifits to the R/T, I couldnt pass it up. I put my order in about a week ago for a Hemi Orange R/T 6 Speed with all options except the block heater, and stripes. Those things are hedious.