View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:33 AM
timemachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 1983 Challenger. I bought it new because it was the only car besides the Supra, with 4 wheel disc brakes. Nothing else, made in Japan, compared to the price however a year later, the payments got to be a little much. I sold it to my brother, for he was in college. He traded me his high mileage crap box and took over payments. I was 21 years old at the time. 31 years later I'm cruising Craigslist for newer Dodge Challengers and found this long "forgotten one" in Cincinnati OH. It was a 1982, lower optioned, 37,000 mile duplicate of my past. I made the trip to check it out and it was like test driving history. I know these cars are not the most desirable in the lineage of the Challenger name, but they filled a void that Chrysler's lineup, at the time, could not. Few manufactures in the US were prepared for the gas crisis. Chrysler had to make a critical move to import because muscle cars had completely lost their allure in the mid to late 70"s.

To make a long story short, I drive this car everyday. That is it's purpose. My husband and I did spend about a year restoring, adding A/C , fixing window bushings and updated the seats. It's a simple and uncomplicated car. If you are thinking of purchasing one, keep in mind, parts are hard to find.