View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 12:26 PM
telepathic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All 8.4 Uconnect systems Nav compatible?

Hey there. I bought a used 2016 Dodge Challenger in Pearl Blue (a special order color) with blacktop conversion package. I traded in my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan manly-van for it. Let's just I've upped the coolness factor by eleventy-billion.

I have a specific question about my Uconnect 8.4 system. I would like to add the navigation system to this, and it seems like it's possible. At least, when I did the research and found the Uconnect system and upgrading to the Nav system, pictures on the Uconnect site seemed to suggest that the Nav system is buried in ALL 8.4 Uconnect systems, and it's just a matter of paying the fee to unlock and access it.

HOWEVER, I just called my Dodge dealer to inquire about it. The parts person asked for the last 8 digits of the VIN; when he ran the numbers, he said my 8.4 Uconnect does not have the feature. I'm not sure I believe him as it seems to contradict what I found online. However, I am aware that the internet sometimes traffics in falsehoods.

And the Uconnect site does say "make sure your system is compatible before upgrading" but offers no way to check that compatibility.

My question: is there a site I can go to in order to definitively check for compatibility? Are ALL 8.4 Uconnect systems Nav compatible when you pay the fee to unlock?