View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 09:34 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your favorite TV show?

i watch family guy reruns too...i thought that we were talking prime time TV..

as for my eatery...it was in college. i was the manager of "Steel City Steaks". it as in downtown pittsburgh, and we specialized in steak sandwiches and salads...downtown pittsburgh is a ghost town at night, so we were only open 10am-2pm.

while it doesnt sound like anything special, we had a specially seasoned steak, cooked in front of the customers. it was sort of an open-air place...youd walk up and order, and you had a choice of either steak, chicken, turkey, burgers or chicken...you would walk up, order your sandwich or salad (i preferred the sandwich). the steak was thin sliced, and we would spread it on a flat grill with your choice of green peppers, onions, mushrooms, banana peppers, jalepenos...the chef would dice everything up and mix it together on the grill...the better guys could flip things over their shoulder and catch them..etc...then you would put the cheese over the meat and put the bun on top..that steams the flavor of the meat into the bun and crisps the corners a bit.

while it sounds like a run of the mill sandwich with some theatrics, our catch was that nothing was ever frozen
we got there every morning at 7am and started by cutting the freshly delivered steak sides...the french fries were cut every morning...the burgers were fresh weekly (hard to keep them fresh daily) and ALL of the veggies were cut fresh every morning, delivered on monday, wednesday and friday...nothing frozen, nothing canned...we didnt make out own bread, but it was also delivered fresh every morning..it was still hot when it got there...