Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
jono

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honest review of my Challenger from me a dealer

Well I can definitely agree with all of the positives, but the cons, I am almost shocked. I have had my car since Monday and I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. Our cars must have been built by a completely different shift, because after spending the past 3 days with it, I have found 1 minor fault; the right rear exhaust tip is slightly tipped down to the left. I didn't notice it until several hours into my thorough inspection. I actually got a level out and put it on the exhaust tip and it is just barely out of alignment.
I don't think my car could have been put together any better.
As for how the car runs, I took it around the beltway outside of DC last night at 1 am so I wouldn't hit any traffic. If you're not familiar with the beltway, it makes a complete loop around DC, so it has some great straight aways but also some pretty good banking turns.
I mostly had the car on cruise at 70, but when people got too close trying to take pictures, etc. the hemi opened up amazingly. I haven't had it above 4000 rmps, but I am absolutely impressed with that acceleration. It goes from 60-80 in the blink of an eye.
The thing that surpised me most is that the car only pulls about 3200 rpms at 90.
I honestly couldn't be happier with this car. I have a 1969 dart swinger as well, and it is going to be hard to pull myself away from the Challenger to drive the Dart now. The Challenger has the looks, the power, and all of today's technology. It was well worth the wait and all of the hassles!! Well done Dodge.