View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 09:28 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Law of Attraction, Success Principles

I think success is determined by two things. First is what you define as success. Second is your attitude.
I think "success" is too general to cover as one topic though. You can be successful in business and fail miserably on a personal basis - and vice-versa.
Parents play an important role for sure. But we "tend" to be very much like them. or very much different. So I think parents are a benchmark as much as an influence.
Ive been through the lowest lows and some of the highest highs one can experience in life, as have most people. How we handle all of these times is the measure of who we are. While VERY heavy at times, Ive never had a cross I couldnt bear.
Maintaining a high moral standard, grace under pressure, humility during achievement, and determination through failure are all signs of "strength of character". How we handle lifes everyday problems when doing so is toughest and distractions are many is what people remember most about us.
Unlike many parents, I won't solve my childrens problems for them. I watch what our children do under duress. I will not save them from their problems, but help them learn from how they got into those situations and how they handled them to avoid them in the future. That builds confidence, integrity and character, and people of character are the leaders we're drawn to lead us in the future.
Everyone makes mistakes - stupid people make the same ones over and over - smart people learn from them.

To me, success is standing confidently (but humbly) before God at my judgment and knowing I did my best to be a good husband, father, friend and servant, and that my life exemplified what he intended for me.
Theres no luggage rack or trailer on a hearse.