View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 10:42 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Law of Attraction, Success Principles

Well said, BC.

Our houses and cars will not remember or miss us when we're gone. They do not appreciate what we do. They do not return any love given them.

Key is the point about how we define success. Dargh, I'm writing like Yoda....I'll blame my son for playing Star Wars Lego III.

Happiness in one's life (overall) is how I would define success. This is all inclusive. Did I love my wife and children? Did I love my children enough to displease them and ensure I lived up to my responsibilities as a parent first? Have I treated my parents well (I have to work on this, it can be daunting; I try to remember I will be in there shoes in a very short time....I think about this from both sides...I will try to remember I will most likely become as my wife and I say "old people crazy"...I'm pretty sure I've self diagnosed some signs already)....Did I enjoy life?

To me, success is standing confidently (but humbly) before God at my judgment and knowing I did my best to be a good husband, father, friend and servant, and that my life exemplified what he intended for me.
I don't think you can articulate that more perfectly.