View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Law of Attraction, Success Principles

I think BootCamp pretty much explained what my viewpoint on success is. On my mother's side of the family, my aunt's husband (meaning he is not a blood relative but married into the family) is very successful financially. He was able to retire in his 50s after being extremely successful in managing stores (I can't remember what corporation), then he created his own businesses that were successful. He got a huge house in Florida back in the 90s, as well as having many different homes in Oklahoma and one in Branson, Missouri as well as having a couple motor homes and boats. He can afford whatever he wants, but I don't think he is successful. The only reason why he isn't alone is because he happened to choose a person who was willing to give up her self-respect for him and more despite him, his child and step child are wonderful people who show him respect and love, though they don't like him. My aunt divorced him once, then for some reason got lonely and went back to his drunken screams. The issue is that he is more lucky to have married into the right family, but they only stay with him because of their beliefs of what is right and wrong and probably they've managed to somehow love him.

My Grandfather on the other hand I believe was successful in both categories. Despite starting off with having an abusive father and having no H.S. education let alone college, he managed to create three successful businesses (an autobody shop, a barbershop, and a house rental business). On top of this, he had a wife that he was extremely close to and loved very much. He had three daughters who were willing to take care of him when he was sick and dying even though it was difficult.

I'll expand on this later

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts