Old 06-28-2008, 08:03 PM
jono

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!

mopar2008, the point is, there is already a built in amount of profit for the dealer when you sell at msrp. you have the right to charge more than msrp, but every person on this post has the right to bad mouth you for it. we are customers, most of us with limited amounts of cash, so we are looking for a "good" deal. if you feel justified in charging 10 or 20 k over msrp, then go right ahead. just understand that most common people will never do business with you and will tell everyone they can about their poor experience with your dealership.
i myself, i had a verbal agreement with darcars just outside of washington dc since June 2007 that i would get their #1 challenger at msrp. when i arrived on 3 december with my check for $5k, they said they did not know the msrp. i stated, well lets look at it on dodge's website, it is there. they said i must have been imagining things, that no one knew the price. i said they were not getting my check until i had in writing the exact cost with all taxes included. ultimately, i walked out with the check in my hand. they called me 5 minutes after leaving and asked me to come back in; they had called and gotten the price. i went back, they showed me msrp and said $15k over that was the mark up. i told them they were nuts. the next part is what really burns me. the manager had the nerve to say, "quit b*tchin and just ask your dad for the extra $15k, i know he's payin for it. you're not going to find a better deal than $15k over." yeah, i'm young, only 24, but i don't come from the rich family; i earn my money serving in the navy.

best part of the story though, rolled up to their dealership last week in #990 to say hello and that i was able to get my car at msrp from Sheehy dodge in upper marlboro, md. i will do business with that dealership and promote them for the rest of my life. i called them immediately after leaving darcars on 3 december and they said they hadn't gotten any deposits for their #1 chally order. i showed up 15 minutes later and had the car at msrp!
darcars still doesn't have their first car on the lot! needless to say, the salesmen and manager didn't have a whole lot to say to me.