View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Are You Passing The Days?

With all of the kids away for a few weeks, my wife and I took a ride after work today. We,ve been saving all our pennies for the 09 SRT,s arrival, so we splurged on a Starbucks coffee and drove to the Dodge dealership where we bought her Charger R/T. I had hoped they,d have some Challenger brochures. Well, they did better than that - they had an orange SRT Challenger in the showroom!
This is the first one I,ve seen in the flesh, so I was soaking in every line and nuance it offered.
Then I asked him what they were selling it for and he said "sticker plus $15K." Then he said this one was sold but they had two more coming in - all three are orange and loaded. He asked if he should put my name in for one of the two remaining 08,s they had coming.
I told him no thanks, I already made a deal on an 09. He offered me an 09 SRT the way I want it optioned for sticker, but I thanked him and told him I was committed to another dealership. I did get a brochure to drool over for a few days.....

My wife says my face "looked like Charleton Hestons when Moses spoke to God on the mountain in The Ten Commandments".
It WAS close to a religious experience. Won,t make the next few months go any faster, unfortunately.
[&o]
Just thought I,d share that.