View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
tupperware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is anybody but me really mad?

Before I start here, I know it is easy for me to disagree because I already have my car. In Chrysler's defense, they (the manufacturer) never told you your car would ship on 4/27. If your dealer told you that, he or she left out the huge disclaimer from Chrysler regarding shipping. VinVision is a tool meant for dealers that is programmed to calculate dates in the future based on the entry of your D1 date. As we have learned so far, this date is very much subject to change with a new model. Dodge is not used to such micro examination of their scheduling and build process. I am confident that the build process and dates will be more accurate for the "09 model year. (just as it is now for other Chrysler products) Some of your fellow forum members have been helpful in getting you Vin Vision info... the problem is that this info is all tentative until your car gets built. Once your car actually ships (after stripes at Ground Effects), VinVision is a great tracking tool...Heck, Joani first told me that my car would ship on 5/3...(it wasnt built until 6/5)... no offense meant for Joani, but its the old garbage-in, garbage-out problem. This is the reason that Chrysler never intended Vin Vision info to be openly distributed to the public. I would not be at all suprised if Chrysler reminds its dealers of this in light of the bad feelings and press that have been generated as a result of, in some cases, the HOURLY monitoring of a car's progress.

Do you plan to take delivery of your car? You say (in addition to multiple vulgarities directed at Dodge) that you will not ever buy another Dodge, if you are truly this unhappy with Dodge, why buy this one??

ORIGINAL: dodgeguy24

Man , they really blew this launch , my orignal ship date was april 27. Will you buy another dodge product ? not me . I am sorry ahead of time for being negative , but I ordered dec. 3rd. F*** THEM , I hope they go broke. Nobody has an answer , my car was built 4 weeks ago , talk about lot rot . F*** them.