View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:54 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I support our sponsor?

the stratus is faster than alot of cars in its class, and it has excellent top speed for an NA V6, but its slow off the line. i dont want to mod it because its an automatic. i blew my knee out right before graduation, and it was severe enough that the doctors were concerned that i wouldnt regain full use of my left leg. so i bought the autostick, and for an autostick, it provides alot of control, but it still eats alot of power. the stock atx RT is about a second slower than the stock mtx RT. if it was a manual, i would have more done to it...the exhaust manifolds are very restrictive, and guys with headers, a midpipe and muffler, with CAI, mounts, and good tires have gotten low 14s....but no matter how much work i do, i have a transmission that wont hold up to serious power, and the RTs have severe piston troubles when the power is upped alot. i have a 75 shot in my possession, but guys have literally melted engines with properly tuned nitrous setups...so it will probably go on amandas truck. her 360 is a much heartier engine, and her truck is already quite a bit faster than my RT. so basically, engine failure concerns me alot more than torque steer..lol

amanda did well. i was so pissed off that i forgot that the RT (which we hadnt planned on racing) still had the huge amp, 2 12s, the jack, the spare, some tools, some clothes, and a full tank of gas...so she was running with about 200lbs of extra weight. she ran well though for her first time bracket racing, and she even won first round against a big block challenger!

she will be running it again this september at the same mopar event, and i will be running the mirada (i hope). we will be in the same class, so there is a chance that we could go head to head in eliminations...that would be interesting..ive made well over 1000 passes in my "career", and she has made 6. since we are planning on running it this time, we will have the trunk emptied out, and no gas in the car...and see what it will do!