Old 07-15-2008, 02:52 AM
2007HemiCuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the SRT8 worth 11K more than the R/T?

Like many of you here I’ve owned E-Bodies and wished for a long time Mopar would bring back a ‘Cuda or Challenger. I’ve owned late model Corvettes and Mustangs but never a brand new car, never wanted that hit on depreciation. Dodge actually decided to build my dream car, doing it closer and better than I could imagine. The Challenger must be my first brand new car, a driver and a keeper.

It’s hard to decide what to order this fall. I’ve imagined for years what I would do if I where ordering a new car in 1970, a HEMI or 440 perhaps a 340 four speed rag top? It’s hard to make the comparison today with two V8 choices compared to six in 1970. I like the heritage and the idea of a properly optioned R/T but do I pass up the chance to order the “426 HEMI” of 2009? Like many of you I’ve followed this car almost daily from concept to reality, been reading all the 2008 SRT road test/driving impression articles. I think I need to read up when the 2009 R/T articles come around then decide. Since I’m planning to order in the late fall I should have the time.