View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 PM
SKiDs33t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 or 2009?

OK, I waited to order a 2009 for two reasons:
1. I REALLY wanted a manual Transmission.
2. I didnt think I had a chance in heck of getting an 08 (there was a raffle just for the right to order one through ENCS).

That being said, I just found out that ENCS now has 3 08 Challengers available, one of each color, all at MSRP. Apparently, a few of the people that won the raffle decided they didnt want them after all. So here is my dillema: Should I go for the Hemi Orange 08 now, or wait for the Torred 09 and the 6-Speed?

Now, before anyone starts rambling on about resale values and collectibility, this car is NOT going to be pampered. (well cared for yes, but no daily washing and buffing with diapers) It will be a daily driver for at least a year, or until I get back to the States (whichever comes last). At which point I will buy a little gas sipper, and the Challenger will be relegated to weekend duty.

So what should i do? Go for the instant gratification, or wait for the options I really want?

P.S. I'm still waiting to find out what the plaque numbers and options are.
P.P.S Thanks to MossOnaRoc for bringing this opportunity to my attention and throwing my life into turmoil once again.