View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
jrgkls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funny call from dealer!

This is an e-mail exchange I had with a salesman in Texas. The 3rd and 4th e-mail should explain everything HAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope I pieced it together well enough to follow. I left the dealer name in the header but not the salesman's name.

1st e-mail
Price 65K

Response: Ignored it

2nd e-mail
Subject: Me again Texas!! " 08 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 " PRICED REDUCED!!
To:
Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 7:09 PM

Response: Not now thanks, let me know when it drops to $42,000.

3rd e-mail
Subject: Good Morning " 08 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 " Order your own 2009
To:
Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 9:31 AM
I understand, the Numbered Challenger's are bringing a premium, same as a numbered painting and such these Hot Rods will Appreciate not depreciate. Would you order a 2009, I'm taking order's for the new model year. The full aray of color's are available including the old Dodge B5 Blue, along with your choice of three Powerplant's 3.5 V6 250 HP SE Trim, the 5.7 375 HP Hemi R/T, and of course the MONSTER! 6.1 Hemi 425 HP SRT-8 available w/the Standard Tranny in '09.
Please go to Dodge.com to view all the configuration's and colors and stuff.
God Bless You & Your's,

Response:I beg to differ with your assessment of the current and future value of the 'Numbered Challenger's'. There are numerous 2008 Challengers on ebay that haven't met the reserve and are reasonably priced in the low 40's.
Yes, I will be ordering a 2009 Challenger but not from Ragland. I would be truly uncomfortable with ordering from a dealership that is trying to sell me a car for more than $20,000 over MSRP when other dealers are selling the same car slightly above MSRP.
Thank you for your time.

4th e-mail
Didn't mean to offend, those Dealer's must have more than one..What I didn't know or understand was that this 1st "go-round" when a dealer ordered a Challenger, they have to agree to purchase about $13,000 worth of tool's, thats why on the first ones sold there was a "market adjustment".

I didn't have knowledge of this until Mr. Ragland informed me.

Be Blessed,

Response: Ignored it