Old 07-18-2006, 06:31 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looks Like DCX will make V6 and Pricing

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

The 3.8L in my 2006 Dodge Caravan does quite well in terms of launching onto a freeway ramp with a vehicle full of people and it weight 4112 lbs without any people in it.

I would recommend it for a bare minimum for the Challenger without hurting its image.
Yeah that engine line is good about that. My parents have a 3.3L in their 2002 Caravan and that has very good low-end torque for a minivan. The 3.8L varient would be more appropriate due to its higher output. The output in your Grand Caravan is 205 hp & 240 ft-lbs of tq which is just 5 less hp than the Mustang 4.0L V6. If they would use the other exhaust system or whatever they used before which gave them 215hp & 245ft-lbs of tq on the 2001-2005 minivans they could give themselves a slight edge.

However if they intend to charge more, then they better at least offer the 3.5L or 4.0L to help justify the higher cost, or else most customers will laugh at the price and get a Mustang instead. They should also forget about making the v6 varient about fuel economy because this crowd doesn't care about fuel efficiency. They should give it a lower speed rear-axle ratio with the A580, or maybe a rear-wheel drive version of the new 62TE, so then it can compete in acceleration with the 4.0L Mustang. I think I read that it does 0-60 in around 6.9 secs. Also a manual transmission is naturally a must.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts