View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
SF18C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My $h!#y luck!

Well I just found that my car, which has been sitting at the Military Prep Center in Baltimore, MD since the 21st of July, has been damaged. ENCS did not bother to tell me this; I called them today trying to find out if my car made it to Europe yet! To say the least I was/am floored! They did not/would not tell me how it got damaged or how bad the damage was. ENCS did say it needs a new front end (bumper I assume) and there are dents in the door. They have ordered the parts and it needs paint. As I see it, my car will now carry a record of previous damage and it is not like they can build me another car. I have contacted the regional sales manager.

So any of you in the business, do you have any advice? I mean what can be done in a situation if the dealer has damaged the car and can only make repairs? I am thinking even if they can fix the damage (with out visible signs, which I don’t have a lot of faith in), this does hurt any future resale value, due to a simple CarFax report, that they should definitely be knocking some $$$ off the final price. Plus it will now be closer to October when I finally do take delivery, not the 20th of August like I was told!

This sucks!!! Time for some Italian Vino! Maybe some Grappa!