Thread: Questions..
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions..

ORIGINAL: Challneger08

I hope they only make V8, something along the lines of a Corvette (no V6's) that way you wont see everytime Tom, Dick and Harry with a Challenger.....and I don't mind the price being to high like say in the 40's, it makes the car a lilttle more dreamier. You don't dream of a mustang, you just go buy one.....but a Vet, you wish you could have one. I hope the Challenger falls into the category of "I wish I could get that car".........
I would like to first welcome you to the site, then I would like to disagree with an explanation. The Challenger is not meant to compete with the Corvette, it is meant to compete in the pony car class which has V6s for a base engine. The Challenger by nature is going to be more exclusive than the Mustang. It's a Dodge. The styling is more special than the Mustang's.

Dodge already has a "dream car," it's called the Viper. They don't need another. They need to make a car that the middle-class can afford so then they don't lose their touch with the average American. If they develop the image that all they sell are expensive cars that no average person can afford, they will lose sales in other departments. With Plymouth being gone, they need to have a division that the average person can have a feeling of connection with. Chrysler needs to be the exclusive division, not Dodge.

One of the things that helps Dodge is they offer premium cars for a non-premium price. This marketing strategy has worked for them for years. People are not going to like a change in this. They are best to offer this at a lower price where they can afford it. I have no doubt they will charge a higher price than the Mustang, but they would be foolish not to try to compete price wise.

Challneger08, if you wish to disagree with me, feel free to do so. Many do on this site. In fact, I would appreciate it if you would further explain your position. If you think I'm nuts, your won't be the first and I guarantee you also won't be the last.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts