Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Dnbhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The amount of attention I get is astounding.

Hello all,

I've been lurking here since April in anticipation of receiving my Challenger, and never felt a need to post until now. I finally took possession of one about three weeks ago. It's black, it's baaaaaaad, and I'm beyond being in heaven when I drive it. It's more like it's open bar in heaven, there's free Chex-mix, and Megan Fox is asking me to play pool with her, forever. I've never been so moved by a car before. It's instant elation whenever I take hold of that sturdy, thick wheel.

I am not new to driving flashy cars. My father collects 1957 Chevy Bel-Air hard-tops and convertibles. I've also commandeered a 1978 Corvette for most of my adult life. And I drove a 1993 GMC Typhoon for the majority of the 90's. That was fast. But this is a whole new type of fast.

This is raw power.

Every day I drive to work and back, I feel like a rock star. Fellow male drivers don't know what to do with themselves when they see my Challenger. It's almost as if they are stealing my car's soul with their eyes. I feel like I am on display, yet it is fun.

Does this make any sense? I know that it is only "that new car smell" phenomenon for my fellow motorists, and it will fade away once the 09's and 10's get to market. But it is a new sensation to me, at least since 2001. I've been driving PT Cruisers since 2001, and people freaked out back then when I drove my hard-to-find Cruiser way back then.

-Dnbhead