View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:24 AM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What'

In the end, toofart's right. Yes, I said he's right. How come on Japanese cars, you can get such a simple thing as crank-operated windows, but they're virtually impossible to find on American cars? I've had power windows in an '85 Thunderbird, '86 Thunderbird, '94 Thunderbird, and '00 Mustang, and absolutely NONE of them have worked worth a damn. If I could delete that "option" from my '09 Challenger, I certainly would. I heard the other day that crank-operated windows are available on the Focus coupe, and I seriously considered getting one of those as a second car. Another thing that I consider absolutely worthless is power seats. Since I tend to keep cars till they either get wrecked or pieces literally start falling off of them, I can assure you that power seats will fail about as often as power windows do if more than one person regularly drives the car (I'm 6-2; my wife is 5-3, so there's a lot of movement of the driver's seat). Ditto for power locks. Where American car companies made their mistake was when they began to make "optional" equipment standard.