View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 06:09 AM
deserthorizons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving impressions of a SE

Test drove this one Saturday..

First off, the interior is much nicer than I thought it would be.. I was kinda expecting a
totally black cabin, but it is not that way at all..
It has enough 'shiny' parts to look really good..
More so than my '02 Jeep Liberty had..

I got in and started it up and it wasn't until I was done with the drive that I realized I never 'heard' it..
(of course the salesman was playing with the stereo the whole time)..

The one big disappointment was the look of the hood out the windshield..
I remember my (original) `Cuda hood had the 2 scoops that I could 'see' the bulge from the drivers seat..
Not so in the Challenger.. It just kinda sweeps away from you towards the front end,, looking kinda flat across the car..
(which you can't see the front corners of the car from the seat either)..

It has plenty of get up and go, but I did not even try to break the tires loose, but I did think that it probably would not do it very easily..
I did give it some gas (maybe 3/4 throttle) and it seemed to want to go, just not to the point where I would need a neck brace..
I wasn't going to 'hammer' it being a test drive and only having 24 miles on it..

It handles great,, corners very well,, takes bumps like railroad tracks with ease..

(I don't know if any of you have been on Oklahoma roads, but they are the worst in the nation, (I know, I drive them)..
Other states put up signs stating "BUMP ahead" .. that is just the 'standard' here in OK..)
Anyway I have been a little concerned about it not being able to handle it without shaking the car apart,, not so,, it did it firmly and quietly..
(My `Cuda would not have done anywhere near as well )

It was great to be able to actually drive one, which was a major surprise, I thought it would be just like
all the other Challengers, look but don't touch..

Drove it for about 10 miles and I really love this car.. but seeing it in Inferno Red just made my color decision harder..
Of course it doesn't make any difference what color I get, I will think later "I should have gotten XXX color"..
I had always wanted my `Cuda close to this color,
with my list of mods* to the exterior, I think it will look killer by the time I get it done..

All in all it is a great car and good value for the money,
nice, tight, quiet, looks great, handles well..

*hood scoop (not T/A)
A Black Go-Wing spoiler..
Different (wider/bigger) tires w/ white letters out..
Chrome side pipes..
T-Shift handle..
Chrome gas filler..
Putting a '71 `Cuda grille between the lights..
Door Sill Plates
Rear Window Louvres
Hood stripe by RiderGraphix