View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever just had one of those Mondays?

Thanks Jeremiah. There is more than hope in my mind Jeremiah. She had a very, very deep faith in God and was very generous. She died with a positive attitude. I must correct an error that I was told about today. She didn't die of stomach cancer, she died of a heart attack. She had stomach cancer but it didn't kill her. She requested in her prayers that God would take her by heart failure instead of cancer and God answered that prayer. This is good because she didn't suffer as much as she would have if it had been the cancer that killed her. She died in her sleep ironically at the time she would get up in the morning.

She set a local record of working 25 years straight without missing one day of work. When it would snow (remember this is the midwest), she would call the police to take her to work. Not one sick day or anything. She had faith without a doubt that she would join her husband in heaven, who died 41 years earilier. She was 2 months shy of 88 years old.

I went to the funeral today. Her one Grandson did a really nice speech (which he does as his career). He was born without arms and does everything with his feet, including driving (I'm not kidding about this). He made a video about how he overcame not having arms, and they show him driving with his feet. A rather interesting thing to see.

As for the other issue I had to deal with, the problem with my car was of all things the spark plugs. I could have sworn I had them done 46,000 miles ago but I only did the wires. You know, I just can't figure out why they just can't get stock OEM spark plugs to last longer than 136,500 miles. I'm surprised they lasted that long. It doesn't seem possible that they could have lasted that long, but they did. I never knew spark plugs would set off the "Check Engine" light. I was afraid it was the Intake Manifold gasket, again. That sucker is not cheap to fix. So today has been a good day overall.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts