View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:13 AM
MrKrisSullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tropical Storm Fay?

Ohh man literally once I open my door I can walk to the ramp and down it it 1 minute and be on the beach or in the water for that matter.
Yeah man I love it, I grew up on the beach but not this close I was always like two blocks or maybe 5 mins. from the beach, but living on it is way sweet. Waking up and going to work is much nicer, if you know what I mean.
Yeah there are a lot of catagory 2+ Hurricanes but what you need to understand is for instance St. Augustine hasn't had a "direct hit" in over 40 years and that was a 2 or 3 im pretty sure (wasn't around) from what my mom says. This is a "direct hit" of a tropical storm. If you understand what im saying.
So if a catagory 2 hit say a couple hours south we would probably get the same thing were getting now in St. Augustine. Hurricane's are huge as you know, but a "direct hit" is a whole different story. When one hit's farther to the south or north we just get some of the outer bands of the storm which a lot of the time isn't worse than last night or this right now. But the closer it hits the more of the bands we get and the bigger they are.
I have only evacuated 3 times since I grew up here and am 23 now. Only once I can remember that it was mandatory. And that was for the island, here in St. Augustine the beach is part of an island, yep an island I live on by the beach sometimes I can't believe myself when I want to move[&:]. Big money New York[:-] But then theres, downtown which is part of the mainland of florida, to the south and north off of U.S. 1 highway.