Old 08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Option Questions:Hoping to order an 09 R/T tomorrow

Hey Carbon,

I have to admit, I was not the one who snapped this pic. I found it somewhere (most likely on this forum somewhere). As I have stated several times, I'm really diggin the Stoned White exterior. However, all my so-called "friends" who know my infatuation with this car all too well, absolutely hate that color (Gay color, chick car color, boring, plain Jane, etc.). Ya know what? As crazy as this sounds, it makes me want white even more! After all, I'm the one shelling out the $32,380 for this beast, not them. Some days I don't know why I would even consider getting something other than HEMI Orange, but this is gonna be my daily driver (at least from May 1st thru December 1st...I live in New England) and I tend to think the Orange might be a bit too much on a daily basis. But then again, isn't excess what this car is all about in the first place?

Getting back to white - I honestly haven't heard one "non-enthusiast" embrace the color option...all I can say is what a pity. On a side note - like a few other posters have already stated, the R/T stripes are starting to grow on me now too. I was a "hater" at first, but I'm comin' around slowly but surely. Personally, my dream version would be the whited-out R/T, no moonroof, no stripes, 6-spd pistol grip, 20 inch aluminum chrome clad wheels and some tint on the windows. The vanity plate would read OA 5599 (think Vanishing Point). Seriously, how great would that be? [sm=hail.gif]

ORIGINAL: Carbon

Albeeno,
where did you take a photo of that R/T?
is it's a production one?
looks killer and almost exactly what I want.
did you feel that the white was pure white or a bit creamy?
I looked at Stone White Chargers today and they look yellowish next to pure white cars.........8(
I hope they tweaked that paint a bit for the Challenger.

I can't do a dark color, I live in the San Fernando Valley and it's blazing hot out here.
and dark cars get too much L.A. Dust on them and look dirty way before light colored cars so white is the best way to go I think.

RoswellGrey, I also feel that something needs to break up all that white.
I might go with the side stripes from Rider Graphix to do that, but I'm starting to dig these stock strips now.
could use some strips in the lower back part of the doors too!
plus a Black Go Wing will be a must to also break up all that white

BTW......I sat in a Silver 08 today.......wow!! that front end is big, feels like my old 74 Monte Carlo.....heheh