Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 AM
66Cuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much over invoice have people been paying?

Couldn't have said it better myself! Although I think 4 and 5 should be reversed. My biggest thing is where the headquarters is because that is where 95% of the money is going.

To the guy with the lexus, if you like driving high priced Toyota good for you. Please go bother the guys on the Lexus forum and you can all talk about how great it is owning rebadged high priced Toyotas.

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

ORIGINAL: Yankee
Tell me RUBBERBNDMAN, how is driving a car made in CANADA (which, last time I checked, is a foreign country) any different than driving a car made in Germany or Japan?
I know the question was not directed at me but it is a subject I’m most interested in. First we must recognize that the global market place has changed what we call the domestic and foreign auto industry. Simple answer to the question: NAFTA. Agree or not on the merits our nation entered NAFTA with our direct neighbors. Our country and Canada have for a long time enjoyed a great relationship and a better Mexican economy is better suited to keeping it citizens from looking to enter the states illegally. What do I consider an American car? In order of priority

1. Built in America, designed in America, company headquarters in America.
2. Built in NAFTA countries, designed in America, headquarters in America.
3. Built in America, designed in a foreign country, headquarters in America.
4. Built in America, designed in a foreign country, headquarters in foreign country.
5. Built in a foreign country, designed in America, headquarters in America

Anything else I consider a foreign car and really I’m only interested in spending my money on the top two.

Paying over MSRP for any car not likely to be an almost slam dunk rare collectable is silly to me. Although I plan on owning my Challenger 20 to life.