Old 09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
WhiteHeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FINALLY! Saw a Challenger in B'ham, AL (at the dealer though)

ORIGINAL: Urlosingbd

Yep, went to the Bessmer dealer. I went there on a Sunday, coming back from the Bama game. So I didn't get to see the cars up close (they where in the showroom), just had my face pressed up to the glass like a kid looking into a candy shop! I've went to the Dodge dealer in downtown B'ham and in Pelham but they didn't have any.

If you don't know by now bout the block heater.... it gets freaking cold down here!

Depending on funds now, the R/T Classic might be my choice over the SRT. One word: wife.

Have they came out with pricing on the "Classic" mod?
Yeah, I did the "candy shop" Sunday thing for the silver '08 at Roebuck, then I had to go back a week later to sit in it!

I haven't heard any pricing info for the Classic. I'm curious as to if it will be a special edition, like the Charger Daytona, or will it be a "package." In other words, will it be a B5 only special or can I spec out any R/T and add the "Classic" package to get the wheels, stripes, etc. I think the wheels and stripes would look good in Tored, Silver and White. If it's B5 only, I'm OK with that, I'm just wondering if I have a color choice.

Also wondering if there will be any interior changes for the Classic, like seat stitching or color matched dash for example.

I bought an '01 Dakota with full-time 4WD (AWD) and I've seen snow exactly ONCE in seven years! [:@] Don't think I'll opt for the block heater!