Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would you buy this for you 16 year old?

ORIGINAL: challenger_girl

Ok, here goes...my lease ended on my 06 Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi...the dealership my husband works at buys the car. They take the custom pinstriping off, the window vents and glue a cheap looking aftermarket hood scope on the hood. 2 days later a couple come in and buy it for 21k for their sons 16th birthday present????? Should I start a poll to see how long before we see on the local news my last baby (the Charger) wrapped around a pole? I don't mean to offend anyone on here...but come on! Common sense...and memories of my 1st car tell me...don't give a 16 year old a Hemi![sm=badidea.gif]
Agreed! Although there are some like myself who respect the things that they own, most kids that have parents like this generally are spoiled brats who have no sense of ownership. No matter how safe a car is, driving way too fast can kill people. There are two types of cars a teenager starting off should drive: a minivan or a slow grandma mobile. These tend to be safe, they use too much gas to allow the kids to drive too fast or too much, and there is no way you can impress your friends or be cool in either one of the two. The only exception is if the kid earned it through hard work or restoration in my bias opinion.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts