View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota beating Ford in Sales

Just for clarification, I am not an economist but for sure a patriotic American.

This is more than just about jobs and profits. This is about financial, technological, and military stability for our country.

The first fundamental problem is our countries higher education for our kids to get technlology/engineering degrees. Our country
has such a major shortage that we have to get engineers from other countries to work for American technology companies in all industries.

Among such recent attention-getting statistics are 600,000, 350,000 and 70,000. These are, allegedly, the number of engineers produced in
2004 in China, India and the United States, respectively. That is horrible and very sad. We need to encourage our youth to get a higher education in these fields.

He who has the technology also has the keys to military superiority.

Will the US wind up in 30 years being a weakling services oriented country. Gosh, I hope not but our country has to make some global and domestic policy changes.

We have already lost the steel industry and cell phones which were dominated by Motorola 10 years ago are now dominated by Nokia.

What else will we lose besides the car industry..........Apple,IBM (remember they already sold the PC to Lenovo in China),HP,Dell,Walmart,Intel,AMD,Microsoft,GE,Boei ng,3M,
Cisco,Goodyear,Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer,Caterpillar,Deere,Fluor,American Airlilnes,Lockheed Martin.

Anyway those are my thoughts and I do not like seeing American companies disappearing.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.