View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Forum to come?

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Yep, seems like, to me anyways, back in those days, people were taught to show respect for others, now it is all for themselves. I am a firm believer in spanking(NOT BEATING) at a younger age when they don't understand the concept of lost time and having privledges revoked. I was taught that way, and I grew up fine, and I show respect for others, well until they start disrespecting me first.
I agree with everything you said, except if they disrespect me and they are older then I just try to walk away since it is not worth the conversation. If they are younger
like in a church or school, or neighborhood then we have a heart to heart if I know their parents otherwise you are wasting your time again.

The fundamental problem is the family (God ordained) unit has fallen apart and kids may have parents that do not care, or may not have parents at all. So you have kids running amok.

We all have to take ownership of our own kids and or be mentors to youth that need it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.