View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 04:10 PM
flyingfitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket Stripes

I have ordered an R/T in orange and really like the SRT hood stripe. I priced the SRT stripe from the dealer and it was $310 plus labor to put it on. I don't mind the carbon fiber, but don't need it. I'm not trying to clone an SRT, I just like the hood stripe. If the hood stripe were solid instead of carbon, I think that it would look just as good and coordinate better with any other striping that might appeal later on. It also may preclude any SRT wannabe comments.

I really kind of like the stripe on the silver SRT in the pictures and love the wraparound. Some of the other Rider sidestripes may have an authentic feel but the ones that follow the body line look like they should somehow extend farther down the body aft of the roof. The option that has the R/T blended in at the back looks better but still not quite right to me. I do have concerns about so much vinal covering the car. As the vinal ages, I fear that it might start looking like beat up, scuffed plastic even if it is taken care of. This is where actual satin paint would prevail.

As things develop, more striping ideas will appear so I would like to keep all options open. This is why I don't just take the hood to the local paint shop and spray the stripe in satin. I also thought about the snorkel hood option all in black, but decided on the stock, clean looking hood.

Fitz