View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Rudy61SRT8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is 55 HP Worth?

ORIGINAL: categoryv

I do not believe the difference in price ends up being 10k once you load it up. I paid $45,000 for an SRT8 with everything, but the sunroof taxes included. I noticed that options like MyGig w/ nav on the SRT8 cost approx. $800, while it is $1,700 on the R/T. Other things are not even available, like the kicker stereo system, better brakes, better suspension, better seats, and of course bigger engine. I looked at it closely, and decided it was worth it. Of course I also don't plan to do that much modding. Maybe a CAI, new chip, and exhaust at some point down the road, but not until my warranty is up.

If you load up an RT with MyGig, upgraded stereo, trak pak, etc to get as close as possible to my SRT8 I bet when all is said and one, after taxes you're closer to $40k then you might want to admit. If you don't want to assign any value to things like nav then that's your opinion, and the R/T is probably a better value for you, but if you want all that stuff, then the SRT is not a bad deal considering everything else you get that you can't get on an R/T.
[sm=exactly.gif]