View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 09:23 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Classic vs. New

i have a real problem with how "newer car owners" are received by many car clubs...it seems that unless i join a club full of neons, i cant be in any of the local dodge clubs with the RT, the mirada, the daytona, or the truck...they are all "too new"...

the problem is that most car clubs are run by old men who dont drive their car how they should be driven, so they have a problem with someone like me who can rip off a low 12 second ET...they dont like that Amanda's 1994 ram is as fast as their stock big block charger, and they HATE the fact that my sort-of-import stratus RT is as fast as their stock base model cars, and it still gets close to 30mpg.

most of these guys have to grovel at their wife's feet just to get the car that they have to cruise in on the weekends..to drive to a "show", sit and swill coors light for a couple hours, then take it back to the garage...they spend the week driving their minivan or SUV, and the wife would NEVER let them buy a modern muscle car...mind you, this doesnt apply to everyone, but i was in a BIG car club, and much of this proves to be true, regularly. they used to say that my mirada wasnt allowed at car shows when it was all white (now it has sponser decals and such and doesnt see much street use) and my reply to "its not old enough to be here" was "my engine is from 1969, wanna race?" i only ever had one taker, and i destroyed him.

i feel that at many car shows, there are far too many stock appearance 6 cylinder mustangs, but i feel that car clubs should be open to everyone, and if you dont want to have something like my stratus in the main section, have a "modern cars" section at the show...