Old 08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
TechmanBD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: College kids are spending billions of dollars to customize their cars

I can put 4000 into my suspension and make it a great meuneuvering car, and have the power to boot as well.

I always find this funny. We will take my mustang for example, since I relate to it anyways. The numbers I will use are what teh specs say, I know not the real numbers it puts down on a dyno. My car has 300 HP's stock. Some kid has a civic, that is what most ricers seem to have, and are rated around 120 hp's. They act all cool and talk so much crap and then they get beat. They make some excuse.

Ok now you get this person, who puts 10g's into their car, and matches HP per pound to my STOCK mustang, and brags when he can beat it. OOOOhhh, you are cool, you just put 10gs into it to get up to beat me. Let me see, If I were to drop that much into my car, hmm, what do you think the outcome will be?

I am all for cusomizing and doing what you like. But for these "ricer" guys who talk so much crap after spending that much to get it to run as fast as something like my STOCK mustang, makes me chuckle.