View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
kramtrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Small World!

Greg, in some repects you may be right, but on the other side I see this great nation as one that does make it work for the millions of different people we have here. The best thing besides leadership that I gained while I served in the Marines, was getting to know people from many different back grounds, religions, and race. It was the best thing to ever experience and one that the rest of the general pop of the US could learn from. The military works based on your qualities and capabilities as Soldier, Marine, Airman, or Sailor. No politics to worry about, no prejudice. On the outside, inequalities still exist unfortunately, but again, we aren't all running out and shooting one another because we are not all of the same race, religion, or belief. Thanks for your 20 bro, I only did 2 enlistments and moved to civy life after the 1st Gulf war. As for my family, like I said I learned to look at people for who they are. It just so happened that my beautiful wife was not like me. Im white, she's black, and we have the best marriage I could ever have imagined.

Semper Fi!