View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Small World!

ORIGINAL: DSkippy

Paladin, I was reading back through the thread to determine what caused you to bring up race and gender and I couldn't find it.

I think Paladin was making more of a general statement than something specifically tied to a previous post.

Just as a side issue, but since the origin of this thread was Andre's friendship with Sarah Palin, I should note that I actually talked one-on-one to George W. Bush one time. When he was governor of Texas, I was vaguely aware he had a meeting scheduled with the bigwigs at my company one day, but of course had no idea when he was coming. At one point, I was engaging in my favorite pastime of disappearing from my assigned work station and was hanging around out on the front steps of the building smoking. A big, black Caddy pulls out and who gets out (by himself) than the new governor. Since I'm the only person in the area and since he had to do the obvious politician's thing of giving me a cheery greeting, Bush says, "Hi! How are you doing?" Not expecting to be talking to him, the only thing I could think of to say was, "Fine, thanks. How are your parents?" He gave me a big grin and said, "Oh, fine. Thanks for asking." He's the only person who became president that I ever talked to, although I actually did go see Ronald Reagan in person three times.