View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
jeffko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I cancel?

OK gang, i am looking for some advice from the group about my dilemma. Like many of you, i have been waiting for what seems like an eternity (over 3 months) and i am still in D status with my 6 spd R/T. Since i live in central Ohio, the end of October will typically mean the end of any chance to drive anything nice for the remainder of the year. That means the car will be parked until May when the weather becomes somewhat tolerable in Ohio. Assuming i make D1 in the next week or two, i would be lucky to see the car by the end of October. I called my dealer today and told them i am considering getting my deposit back because i am so disappointed with the way this is moving along. They completely understand, and also consider themselves "victims" of Chrysler's inept ability to produce cars that are already "sold" orders, while they continue to crank out hundreds of unsold SE models. They told me they would cut me a check immediately should i choose to withdraw my order.

Here's the questions...

Do i hang on and get my dream car just before winter, considering i may only get to drive it a few times before putting it away for 5 months? Of course i will have to make loan & insurance payments on it while it sits!

Or do i cancel, and re-order in March when they (hopefully) have made enough to satisfy all orders from 2008. By then shouldn't turn-around on an order hopefully be quicker? Shouldn't all this "over MSRP" crap be gone by then?

What would you do?