View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 PM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please clarify options available on SE

Well, Chuck, I got the absolute base package: the famous $21,995. The only things I ordered extra were spare tire, fog lamps, SRT-R/T-style gas cap and a smoker's package. (I haven't smoked in the car and don't plan to, but I want a cigarette lighter nonetheless. One never knows when one might have to escape from kidnappers by burning them.)

At the time I ordered mine (in June), the info my salesman had wasn't clear at all about what exactly was available on the SE. He couldn't even order the spare tire or the smoker's package from the factory (apparently they now can be). The fog lights were part of a package that appeared to feature upgrades mainly to the sound system, and since I wasn't planning on using the car as a disco, I decided to simply have the dealership put the fog lights on. The gas cap, of course, isn't available on the SE but is orderable as a separate item.

When the car came in Monday, the gas cap hadn't arrived yet and the salesman had forgot to order a spare tire. Also, they had determined that a part number wasn't yet listed the conventional way for the fog lamps, but they could obtain it by going through the complete inventory of a stock R/T. Hence, everything is supposed to be ready to put on the car by Friday.

I was scan-reading the part of the owner's manual relating to the digital readouts last night while trying to figure out how to set the radio. I've got to go back and read it in detail then figure out exactly what is on the car. Since it rained lightly last evening while we had the car out, I had to waste time today cleaning it off and then figuring out how to get my iPod to work with it. That part was fairly easy and it sounds great.

Yeah, my head is exploding, too. But all the looks, comments, questions and pictures that get taken of the car make it all worth it.