View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Big Ruckus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T vs GT vs GTO

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

These unofficial races were posted on another forum:

Challenger vs. Mustang GT - From a dig to about 90, Challenger spanked it by 1.5 cars and was still walking away until we shut down. From a slight roll (20-ish) it was even worse and the Challenger just left. Stupid Mustang is dog slow but I know that, it's my beater errand car. LOL...

Challenger vs. GTO - Pretty much the same results as the above race except the GTO was the winner. From a dig to 120, the GTO just pretty much left it almost immediately and was approaching 2 car lengths in front by 120. Most of that lead was right off the start so I'm assuming the gearing had something to do with it (GTO A4 has 3.43 gears, fyi). After the lead was established, the Challenger wasn't really fading too fast but just couldn't gain any more ground.
LOL, that was me driving the GT & GTO. The Challenger R/T is my bro-in-law's. Just so you know, the Mustang GT is an '07 and still bone stock 4.6L auto. The '06 GTO is the 6.0L (auto) and only has exhaust and CAI. We couldn't have all 3 cars parked in the same driveway without running 'em. Plain and simple...