View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:42 PM
VidLit2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shaker Hood Opinions Wanted!

Ummmmm.... please except a comment from someone who was actually around when the original Shaker Fresh Air Hood shook, but....that puppy was a glorified air cleaner, and sat on top of the, ready for it, carburetors! What exactly is this shaker thingy attached to? The airbox? That's at the forward right corner of the engine compartment, and it's also gone on mine and many other SRT8s, replaced by CAI. And what exactly is it doing? Are you building it as a type of CAI linkage to the throttle body, because, if you are, plunking it directly over that piping hot Intake manifold is not the best place to put an unrestricted delivery system of cold air. And finally, exactly what is going to shake the Shaker? I assume you are aware that the 70s Shakers shook because of how poorly built the cars were back then. They were atop 350+hp, 470 lb/ft cast-iron torque wrenches that were trying their best to tear a car apart. My 6.1 Hemi barely vibrates even at hi revs. And the 5.7 Hemi, totally hidden under a black shroud, seems even more secure on it's mounts than its big brother.

Not really sure what a Shaker is for nowadays, lads. Are you going to sell it with a 8- track with it?