View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Audio? How about radio delete?

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

TechmanBD.....when you say cleansweep are you talking about sweeping your car with pink noise and calibrating
the different frequencies with a 1/3 octave equalizer or did I read more into it and got geeky.

I had done that in my last Dodge Caravan and the sound was clean, and had a deep tight bass. The highs were highs and the lows were lows.
No, the cleansweep is made by JL, it is a signal processor to add to the output of the OEM stereos, in flatens the EQ and the adjusts the EQ to the way you want it. Then has rca low outputs you put to the amps. It is suppose to make the ability to keep the stock stereo and have a clean sound of an aftermarket HU.
Keep in mind that yes the cleansweep may be able to flat it out, but can only process what it sees and if the factory radio can only output certain frequencies then the Cleansweep can't make up frequencies it does not see or hear. It can do the best it can by what it hears and compensate for it.

Also know that flattening an EQ is not a good thing due to differences in electronics, speaker, room acoustics (including road noise), and oh by the way our ears. Look at Fletcher–Munson curves and you will know what I am talking about. Those curves basically show that at different frequencies our ears have different loudness contours.

What I am saying is if you want the look get a Cleansweep, but if you want the sound get a new head unit with low outputs or better yet digital outs either coax or optical. More and more auto radios have optical outs.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.