View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
deranged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supercharging the new Challenger

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: deranged

I was talking about production engines. I know what small displacement supercharged cars are capable of and it's amazing. I'm just saying from a production stand point DCX would just be better off putting the 6.4 in the Challenger for the simple solution to the GT 500. Aftermarket, yeah it's going to be a free for all so to speak if you can afford it!
Although, I agree that they should drop the 6.4L in the Challenger. Their is something they could do to the 6.1L that would offer just enough extra hp and torque that could defeat the GT500. If they add Dual-VVT they could boost it at least 20 hp and considering how close the two cars numbers already are, that might be all it needs not to mention that the Dual-VVT helps the engine offer a more consistent flow of hp and torque throughout the whole range. Another thing to think about is how long the GT500 is going to go before it breaks down. I have doubts that the GT500 will be trouble free. If GM can't make their 3.8L 12 valve OHV completely unaffected by a supercharger in terms of quality (NA the 3.8L is bulletproof) then how can Ford make their 5.4L 32 valve DOHC completely trouble free with a supercharger when the 5.4L hasn't had a perfect history in terms of quality.

I was just thinking simple solution, and as far as VVT, I don't know they will be willing to go to that expense. Remember that WE will be paying for any new bells and whistles. Existing technology is less expensive and would still blow the 500 in the weeds.