Old 08-29-2006, 06:13 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: College kids are spending billions of dollars to customize their cars

My generation is full of morons, I'll tell you. The campus I am at doesn't have too many ricers due to the fact that it is in a rural area but the campus close to my hometown was full of junk. Tons of poorly done body cladding, exhaust systems which made the engines sound like angry weed eaters, rims that could be mistaken as dinner plates, lights, more i-Vtech stickers than paint exposed. They look like The Fast and the Furious wannebees. Each time they tell you how you won't stand a change against them in front of their girl friends. So you go to the stop light and blow them away when the light turns green and remind them "there is no replacement for displacement." There seems to be this trend that people more and more seem to value and admire people who are jerks, don't ask me why.

I'll never forget the people I had to teach a lesson in high school. A fool with a '93 Grand Am 2.3L 8 valve kept nicknaming my car "Decrepid" and told me how his Grand Am would blow me away. So I agreed to race him. That was the easiest victory I have ever won in my life. A car that takes 11.3 secs to reach 60 isn't going to have a pray to keep up with a car that can reach 60 in 8.6 secs. It is simple math.

Here is some food for thought. Why even spend all that money on fixing up the car in the first place? All that is going to happen is it will get dented, keyed, scratch, hit, etc. in the college parking lots. Just plain stupid.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts