Thread: so...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
TechmanBD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: so...

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

we have the location for the detroit reception set, and within the next few days, we will have the location for the ceremony tied up. my mother is working on the pittsburgh reception...its going well so far...i hear that most guys have to worry about the mother in law being to nosey, but the missus is upset that her mother doesnt seem interested in the wedding...

the cayman s is an awesome car...im a big fan of the current porsche lineup...
Cool, glad to see th plans are coming along. It is amazing, as I learned last year, how far in advanced you need to set things up for a wedding or else you get screwed on what exactly you want, such as a date. It will seem like it will take forever for the day to get there, but then when the day is there and it starts, it seems like it is over in a flash. Hopefully you get some good photographers to imprint the day, so later you see them and say " Oh I remember that".

If you think about it, the Mustang isn't the first Retro to come out. The porsche lineup as been somewhat the same, that becomes a little bit modern. Like the old 911's. I never liked that one version they had with the stink bug rear end. 944?

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well I am surpised to hear everybody is on the Cayman bandwagon. One time when I mentioned it was one of my favorite cars and was the best handling car in the world for under $100K, I got questionioned about that claim and had to show supporting magazine articles.

Well, I am glad to hear some people agree with me that it is an awesome car. I was at a Porsche dealer who was trying to sell cars in their parking lot that were damaged by hail
when they told me about the Cayman getting ready to be released. It turns out my spy pictures were better than theirs. FYI - The cars were $10K less due to hell damage so not they were $80K.....choke, choke!!!!

I love them better than a Boxster with a hard top and a Porsche 911. I always wanted a practical high performance (power and handling) sports car. When I say practical, I mean you can use it as a daily driver. The storage compartments in the trunk and hood space are awesome since the engine is in front of the rear axle leaving room in the back.
I don't recall that thread, but I know I wouldn't have said anything negative. I have always liekd the porsche, just never saw myself able to get it. But when I looked at my finances(I have a excel spreadsheet so I can "SEE" everything), what I make, and the bills I have, if I didn't have these bills(which will most likely be gone in a year or 2), I can easily afford the car.

The boxter did have a coupe didn't it? But now when you go to the site, it doesn't look like they have them anymore, just the ragtop. Probably because of the Cayman. And I agree, that thing has plenty of storage space. I imagine the mid engine setup, gives the car a good balance for handling, and to get the weight on the rear tires. And less HP loss from Flywheel to rwhp?

Sorry I haven't been around so much. My summer was busy. My aunt needed me to help her move, my parents had lots of errands they needed me to do for them, my various realitives needed help with various things. At my parents house, I had to fight either my brother or father for access to the internet. I'm back in the nuthall (excuse me I mean dorm hall) at the brain washing house (I mean college). So now I shouldn't have problems with not having the internet.

The only thing I did this summer for recreation was I went on a floating trip. It was dull but okay.
Back to the grind. What are you in for? studying I mean.

floating trip? is that with tubes? I have done that before. It took 5 hours to go about 5 miles down this river. We got an extra tube and threw a cauge in it. then tied all our tubes around it. Good Times.